Sunday, February 15, 2009

I caved.

I had to look up the Neighborhood of Make Believe characters. It seems that over time, my mind has blurred and merged puppet characters, much like the mind blurs thoughts into strange dream sequences. There was a Henrietta Pussycat AND a Daniel Tiger in the neighborhood. I think it's the Daniel Tiger that I was thinking about most prevalently, only he spoke like Henrietta Pussycat.

When I was young, my memory was succinct and reliable. My parents could depend upon it. Maybe memory is something we pass on to our children even more completely than dominant genetic traits.

Like dad always says, "She has her mother's brains... they had to go somewhere."

1 comment:

  1. I had to do a Google search this morning to help my niece figure the surface area of a prism and cylinder. Then I couldn't remember what pi equals. Just goes to show you, you don't really use that crap as an adult. (Unless you're an engineer or something.) What the hell?

    ReplyDelete