Tuesday, February 7, 2012

mis-placed hearts

I received the most beautiful love letter today:

YOU ARE MOST BEAUTIFUL


YOU ARE MY DREAM WIFE-
TODAY I AM REMEMBERING
YOUR LIPS-
TOMORROW YOUR EYES
AND THE NEXT DAY...


I LOVE YOU 
AND LOVE
ALL YOUR WAYS


THANKS FOR LOVING ME


LOVE,
J-BOY

Wait, who thinks I love him? J-Boy?

Sadly, I don't know any J-Boy who loves all my ways and finds me to be his most beautiful dream wife.
I then notice that the note is written to T-Girl.
Sigh. I am not T-Girl.
I am saddened that lucky T-Girl will never receive her sweetly composed love note.

But, hey, listen... T-Girl, if you're out there... you hold onto that J-Boy! He's a sweetheart to leave you notes on what he thinks to be your windshield while you do your food shopping.

... and J-Boy, while I should probably say you're a lovestruck moron for missing the clear indications that my CRV was not your T-Girlmobile (the plates, the telltale car seats in the backseat, the massive juggling bag cluttering the trunk), anytime you ,or any of your buddies, want to leave a love note on my windshield telling me I am most beautiful... bring it, baby. I am going to be smiling the rest of my day pretending you are remembering the lips and eyes of this jobless, witless, goal-less, middle-aged mother of two.

Ahhh... vicariously T-Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Just let me know your travelling plans and I'll make sure and pen a note or two to ya!

    ReplyDelete