Some time ago, when catching up on my friends' blogs, I came across a most wonderful honor. My dear friend, Pam, gave me an award! Thank you, Pam!!!
So, here I am, proud recipient of the 'Honest Scrap' Award. Alright, here are the Award rules, so you know what it all means:
1) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
2) Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
3) Share “10 Honest Things” about myself.
I would like to re-reward this Honest Scrap to Pam, whose blog, Rambling Pam, is one of the most entertaining things i ever read. You inspire me, Pam.
The next Award goes to my darling friend, Holly. Her blog, Spleeness, endlessly tickles my spleen with deep emotion and intense hilarity.
Jennifer comes next. Friend I haven't met, and author of Niffer All Grown Up, Niff shares such sweet and witty tales of her daughters that she makes me want to be a nicer Mommy.
BizGeek, by my friend, Mike, is next. Never know what you might get from Mike... could be political commentary. Could be an obscure band. Could be something so inanely technical that I wish I was smarter.
The last award (no, I haven't miscounted. Forget 7. I'm only awarding my worthy frequent reads), I'm going to give to my friend, Jami. Her Leahy Family blog is filled with marvelous pictures and family updates! I am SO lucky to once in a while share in her adventures.
Alright, on to my "10 Honest Things":
1) Filling out the "Honest Things" part has kept me from posting this blog for a couple of weeks.
2) I love silence.
3) Sometimes my love of silence makes me wonder why on earth I decided to have children.
4) My feet are huge. I just bought new running shoes- size 11.5!
5) I'm starting to think about what I might want to be when I grow up.
6) I'm a lover AND a fighter!
7) I think I have to live in Colorado for the rest of my life. I love it.
8) I have horrible teeth. They decay from oxygen the way most decay from sugars. I love my dentist, but am afraid she is going to want to take my teeth out, so I haven't seen her in over 2 years.
9) I consider myself pretty nice, yet it's always the people closest to me that seem to remind me how cruel I am.
10) Weirdest for last- I have these strange little holes by the top of my ears, where my ears attach to my head. Some people wonder if I've had my ears pierced like this, but I've had them my whole life. I can't put earrings in them though. I've tried.